Monday, June 26, 2006

Jon's Vacation Day 3















NAAAACHHHOOOOOOOO! Me outside the theatre.

So, using an objective evaluation, questionable would be as to the status of the productivity of my day. Really, I did only two things. I started writing the Sweet Noir Movie of Sickness (Working title) and I saw Nacho Libre with my family. Oh yeah, and I emptied the dishwasher too. And ate some chocolate mint ice cream bars from Schwans. It was a full day.

I came in to the 'Nach' having been heavily biased by all of my friends who have seen it and who have told me that it's ... ok. This, I'll have to admit, probably helped me a lot. I liked it. I think it's all about the context in which you see a film. The last film I saw before this was Shaun of the Dead (edited, of course). Had I been watching some Fellini or something, it might be a different story.

Anyway, 'whimsy' is how I'd describe it. It was paced a little slow, but man, there were some glimmering particles of hilarity. And the sweet Sister in the film, there is nun better. My mom loved the awkward big lipped stick of a man, my dad liked the underlying message, my brother loved the baptism scene and I loved the nun. So, officially, Ana de la Reguera is the new love of my life. That is, until I can trick a real girl into loving me. Boy, that last sentence was pitiful wasn't it? *sigh*.

Anyway, progress is being made. I'm liking what I'm writing (as far as the movie goes), and I hope you will too. BTW, anyone hear from Shark lately?

P.S. I'm back up to 148 pounds. Here's to 155 before I come back to Provo.

Oh yeah, and 24 hours until SUPERMAN RETURNS.

8 comments:

canasian said...

You're a dork. It was muggy and threatening to rain tonight. It wa gorgeous today though.

jes said...

I weigh less than you!! I was at 148, but after my adventure filled weekend I am 143. Not exactly my original plan, but, eh.

canasian said...

Yay! Now we can date!

canasian said...

False alarm. It must have been water weight. I, out of curiosity, checked today and I'm 142. Dang.

jes said...

You jerk, was that necessary.

canasian said...

You love me.

Trent Jensen said...

142? Now we can date!

canasian said...

Ha ha!

Really?