Monday, June 26, 2006

Jon's Vacation: Days 1&2













Even the wildlife missed me.

Well, what can I say? California is the truly the promised land. Yeah yeah Missouri and all that, but honestly, it's gorgous here. Anyway, a funny story that you can all hold over my head when I can get back.

Day 01 - Jon is officially retarded.

So, I flew out on Saturday. My flight was scheduled to fly out at 6:18 in the AM. Oh yeah. Utilizing some complex algorithims and math techniques , this means that I had to leave for the airport at 4. Four am. 4 am in the morning. So, being the busy guy that I am, I just pull the all nighter and I was ready to go.

God bless Dan for driving me there. The man volunteered. Bless his heart. He'll be blessed with a cute wife for sure. Anyway, I get to the airport at 5, check in, all is good to go. So we're supposed to board at 5:50, and I'm all set to go in my suit (cause I don't like sticking it in my suitcase where it will get wrinkled) and CNN is assaulting the ears of everyone at the gate. So it's 5:45 and yes, I fall asleep.

I wake up and everyone is gone. I check the time, 6:15, the plane is still there, I can see it through the glass. Holy crap holy crap holy crap. So I'm trying to track down an attendant desparately in the next three minutes but my leg had fallen asleep, so I'm in a suit wearing my Jack Bauer man bag, limping around the terminal and finally I find someone, and he says that I can't get on. But the plane is still in the gate! Yeah, but they've already 'pushed'. What is this, avaiation or Childbirth?

So I got on a plane at 8:40. Yep, those were two of the most abysmal hours of my life waiting for that flight. I felt like the biggest (not so much in a girth sense) moron that had ever lived. But I made it to California okay.

Oh yeah, and whatever happened to the age of cute flight attendants? In my life, I've seen say, maybe one.

Day 02 - Normalcy
You have no idea how nice it is to go to church, and enjoy church. No pre-church meetings, not post-church duties, no running around during church trying to get things done. Church as church. I got to ponder, I got to pray. I got to truly enjoy the spirit of a ward. It had been a long time since a Sunday has been a Sunday for me.

Then I got to go home and grill (cause what else do you do on a Sunday?) We had friends over and I got to visit with one of my favorite families, and play some piano. It was good. It was relaxing. It was everything that a Sunday should have been.

I've been doing a lot of pondering lately. I like having the time to sit down and just think. Perhaps I'll write some down and heaven forbid, even blog it. Anyway, that's what's been going down. Tomorrow, writing on the new movie begins, and Tuesday, SUPERMAN RETURNS.

2 comments:

jes said...

I want to go to CALI so bad, I hate you . . .

canasian said...

You're a turd. Don't ever call it that. : )