Friday, June 30, 2006

Jon's Vacation: Day 6



















'...and in 6 months you can have a raise.'


So, I'm thinking about starting a new business. 'Another one', you ask? Why not? It's not like I'm incredibly busy or anything. Well, what brought this on was my parents and my conversation over dinner (chinese food of my own crafting) tonight. We were talking how my sister got this sick amazing wedding dress straight out of China, custom made, custom paid and custom fitted for like, $81. Really. I was like, 'dang, I need to get a light grey suit'. And then my mom and I started talking about all of these little connections that she has for getting stuff all over. Apparantly there are some Koreans in LA who I can pay hardly anything for them to make me anything and then my imagination began to run wild. Custom t-shirts? They can make me designer jeans of my own brand. What the crap? I could have my own clothing line.

Really, the idea is enticing. I could be the next Versace, fashionisto. But then again I could always be a woman. Or gay. But gender preference aside, making sweet t-shirts does sound way cool. But I'm always afraid of the risk. What guarentees sales? How well are the ka-jillion other 'smarmy t-shirt saying' companies doing? Plus add to that my complete and utter lack of business savviness, then you've got the makings of the business equvalent of the Fantastic Four movie. Which if the reference is confusing you, was a languid piece of rotting tripe. Dare I say that Joel Schumacher (Batman & Robin) might be able to make a better movie. Next time Tim Story tries to make a movie, I'll rip his eyes out and shove them down his pants so he can see me kick the crap out of him. Anyway, I need a savvy business partner and some sweet ideas, cause folks, I've got the connections.

Oh yeah, and I wrote more movie tonight. I like it.

2 comments:

Trent Jensen said...

Fantastic Four > Batman & Robin

Batman & Robin is the worst thing ever committed to film.

canasian said...

But Schumacher did direct The Lost Boys and Tigerland. Tim Story directed Taxi.